
So we set out in the Jeepster for a nice relaxing day.
We stocked up on goodies, sweets for the husband and quick-e-mart coffee for me.
We made a spur of the moment stop at this farm stand and bought 3 boxes of apples...they were a quite a deal.
It was cold out, a good day for thick tights and cozy Uggs.
When we got to the top of the pass it there was snow on the ground.
The trees along the river have changed to rich reds, oranges, and yellows.
The gorgeous color of the trees made up for the grey glumness of the day.
The fog was sitting right on the lower part of the mountains.
We decided on this restaurant for lunch, it was the first time I've been there.
German draft beer...don't remember what the name was, Amber something I think.
Beef Rouladin...my Oma used to make this dish when I was a little girl. It was good, but her's was of course better.
Every building in Leavenworth is very much themed out...it all has the look of an old fairy tale.
If you visit during a busy time like Oktoberfest or the Christmas Lightings, there are lots of fun loving Germans that like to wear lederhosen for those special occasions.
Even though the theme of the village is all things Bavarian, there is still a wonderful gelato shop we like to visit when we're there.
One of my favorite things in life is gelato.
After Leavenworth, we make a quick drive over to Cashmere to visit a huge antique and vintage mall there. I think the name of it is Apple Annie's. It is set up to display items from different vendors, so there are lots of interesting specialty "shops" within the mall. The display below was one of my favorites, there was so many great things to look at.
There is something for almost every kind of interest there, I was drawn to the displays of kitchen items, vintage quilts, linens and aprons.
I have a few of these jars in my sewing room for storing little items, I thought about getting a couple more, but in the end I picked out a few other items for the husband to give me for Christmas...obviously I will love my presents that way, even if it's not a big suprise...I picked out a couple of aprons, a delicate hankerchief, and three boards that were part of wooden grape boxes...I think they will look neat hung in my kitchen.
The display below was a set of pews/chairs taken from an old church. They would be neat in an entry way or even in an entertainment room.



Again, I was drawn in by the beautiful displays.






No comments:
Post a Comment