10 March 2010

Bare with me...

This post is going to be a bit of a "brain download"...I have lots of random things running through my head to share. I spent last weekend in Whistler, BC with a couple of friends participating in a Roxy Women's Snowboard Camp. The camp was amazing, I feel really solid about my riding and have a few things I am going to be working on as far as my riding goes in the future. The entire village was in kind of a "hang over" state after the Olympics, while also gearing up for the Paralympics to start up this week. There was a stronger "international" vibe there than normal. While the girl time was wonderful and fed my need to have the kinds of conversations that only happen when in female company, I did miss being there with the husband, it was the first time I'd been there without him. He liked hearing that I missed him and that every time we turned a corner in the village stroll I thought of him. While I was gone, he held down things here at home. He did an excellent job taking care of the ten new Buff chicks, they are all thriving and growing like crazy. They've doubled in size since we brought them home. He also had lots of cuddle time with Bambino and Figaro, though both little furry boys were pretty happy to see me when I got home. Before I left I fried my point and shoot digital camera by accident in a puddle of iced tea...it was a dumb mistake I made in the midst of trying to quickly pack for the weekend. With the same mistake I also managed to leave a dark stain on our duvet cover - I still need to get to the dry cleaners to get that taken care of. As a result of the iced tea incident, I am now without my trusty camera...I feel kind of naked without it. I hadn't fully realized how much I depended on it and enjoyed having it. I am going to replace it at some point, but in the mean time I have been using the camera on my BlackBerry (I used it to snap these tulip pictures when I came home from the weekend). I also have an old digital camera I can use, but it's just not the same. I'd been thinking of upgrading to a Nikon sometime in the next year - I guess it's time to start saving for that. Speaking of photos, the tulips in these pictures opened up over the weekend. There are so many beautiful colors happening in my garden right now - it's lovely! After winter I always feel like spring's color is like a breath of fresh air. I want to get up to La Connor for the annual tulip festival this week - it's happening a bit earlier than normal because of the warm weather we've had recently. I am sure I'll manage to get some great pictures to share!
Hope all is well, I'll be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails