10 February 2010

Rainy Wednesday

Outside, it is raining sideways right now...yuck! I spent yesterday substituting for a middle school teacher that teaches a random mix of classes - Film, Music Appreciation, and Fitness. The last class of the day was the fitness class, the plans directed me to have the students walk around the track for the entire period...so walk we did, it may have been the first time I've ever been paid to exercise. It was nice and sunny, a good thing because I have been fighting a nasty head cold. If I'd had that sub job today I would have had a hard time convincing myself to follow the teacher's plan. Instead, I spent the first part of my morning in a science classroom - half day sub jobs are the best, it's short and sweet and I still get my day. The rain hadn't started yet when I first came home, so I mixed up some dormant spray for our trees...several of them are starting to bud out, below is one of our plum trees. I'm hoping that the spray had the chance to soak in and dry a bit before the rain began, otherwise the spraying was a waste...I also put another 15 primrose plants in our front beds - they were an early Valentine's Day gift from the husband. The color has been refreshing, even though the first round of flowers was my idea, the husband has appreciated how the flowers brighten things up, he wanted to add a bit more color to make it even more cheerful.We are going on a get-away trip to Hawaii in about a week, so I think our Valentine's Day celebration will be postponed until we are there. The s-son is with us for the upcoming three day weekend. Having a 12 year old boy around hardly makes for a romantic setting. I'm looking foward to the warmth, the beautiful colors, the delicious fruit, and being alone with the husband.!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails