...from the last trip we made to Hawaii last June (2009). It was a strange trip, Oahu was as beautiful and special to us as ever, but our lives were in flux and so it was difficult to relax and let it go. Oahu is the island where we were married - our wedding took place at a beach house we rented for a couple of weeks on the windward side of the island in the town of Hauula. When I'm in Hawaii, a part of me feels like I am home. This time before we go to Oahu we are heading to Kauai first for a few days...I like it that we are getting the chance to explore an island that neither on of us has been to before. I'll still be working while I'm on vacation - one of the advantages/drawbacks of an online job, but really, I can't complain. I've been bulking up my hours during the first part of this week so that I can have a bit more time to vacation once we're there, next week I'll do the reverse. If I get the chance to, I may check in while I'm there and might even share new pictures. Because the s-son was with us on Valentine's Day, I have been saying that we'll be
really celebrating on the 19th this year. A little romance is in order for this trip - really, it's the perfect setting! Mostly though, the goal is for both of us to relax!
Mokolii (which means "little lizard") a tiny island that used to be called "Chinaman's Hat",
is off of Kaneohe Bay in Hawaii.

My favorite Ono breakfast of fried rice and bananna pancakes with mac nut sauce
from Kimo's and Boots in Kailua.

I've been to Oahu seven times, but it was on our last trip that I finally made it to Pearl Harbor.

Pearl Harbor is a beautiful and sobering place to visit.

The husband visited Pearl Harbor as a teenager (back in the 80's), and said that the tour guides at that time were almost exclusively veterans of WWII. It made me sad to think that most of the veterans of that war are gone now.

This mural is on the building that houses Ted's Bakery on the North Shore - best place to get Chocolate Haipua Cream Pie!!

This is a sign that is installed at the Macadamia Nut Farm on the windward side of Oahu.

Old tractor tucked into the trees at the Macadamia Nut Farm.

My favorite place to eat dinner on Kaneohe Bay.

A path leading down to Kaneohe Bay.

The outside of Uncle Bobo's BBQ, the restaurant that cateered our wedding, and the best beef brisket of my life!

Refreshing shaved ice on the North Shore - a must have in Hawaii.

I love Ted's Bakery!

One of the shrimp shacks on the North Shore - good stuff!

Love the mosaic sign!

Another view of Uncle Bobo's BBQ - our rental car was the little silver Spyder - lots of fun with the top down, but horrible blind spots with the top up!
I can't wait to be on the islands again, the warmth, the smell of fresh flowers, the rest!
ALOHA!
No comments:
Post a Comment