02 February 2010
Happy Groundhog's Day!
I heard that old Phil saw his shadow so we are in for 6 more weeks of winter. With the kind of winter we've been having here - wet and mild with days of gorgeous sunshine mixed in - I can honestly say that I'm already mentally moving into spring. I suppose it really wouldn't matter much if temperatures dropped off a bit and we even had a bit of snow, this winter realy hasn't been too harsh.
Today I spent the first half of the day substituting for an elementary music teacher. The closest thing I have to musical talent is a tiny little drop of rhythm, I can snap or clap to a beat. I'm really not qualified to be a music teacher. BUT, it was still a very fun day. The lesson plans were easy to follow, playing a few specific songs for each class so the students could vote on a few ideas about the songs, then taking requests from a list. The lesson time was followed by what was basically a junior karaokee/dance party. There was lots of singing along and shaking it going on all day. I have never had the chance to get my groove on as a teacher in a classroom before, it was fun! I loved being goofy and dancing with thirty 3rd graders...they are still young enough to forget to be self-conscious, today they made me feel that way too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment