Yup, we've made it through 3 years (yesterday)! It's been a very full 3 years, and in particular the last 3 months (or 3 weeks for that matter!) have been very full. We (or rather the husband mostly) are in the final stages of finishing a building project on our property. For my part I've been part of a couple of painting days as well as a day spent tiling floors and a day of tiling a shower. These are things we've done before which makes the work easier. A new challenge this time was learning how to do some rock/masonry work, it ended up being pretty simple once we go the hang of it. I've been reminded lately of how well the husband and I are able to work on projects together. I feel like I always hear how married couples can't work well together with remodeling or construction-type projects. So far we've been able to make it work, and we're no where near killing each other, if anything it's been good for us.

In addition to all of that, I just signed the paperwork for a new brick and mortar teaching job which I will officially start next month. In the mean time though I have already been to some strategizing and planning meetings with other faculty - proving further to myself that this job is a great opportunity for me. I am still working part-time at the greenhouse supply store for a few more days until the end of this month, it's a bit torturous to be a short-timer there right now, it would have probably been better for me to give two weeks notice and call it there, but it will pass. We have also in the last week hosted a bbq for extended family and had some dear friends and their four great kids come from out of state to stay with us for a few days. I also got hit with a nasty summer cold that turned into an even nastier sinus infection. It's one thing to be sick when it's gross and rainy outside, it's a whole other game to get sick when the weather is gorgeous outside, summer illness is no good!
So here I sit, happily married for 3 years now. Life is full of joy and anticipation. I understand now when I hear people say that they love their spouse more after years together than they did the day they were married. Evolving as people together has been key, so has good communication and flexibility. I feel very lucky in life and love!

By the way, those flowers are my "wedding flower", liatris. They once again have blossomed just in time for our anniversary and making me think back 3 years to that beach in Hawaii. *swoon*
We plan to celebrate a bit more formally next month when our project is finished. I'll be done with my greenhouse job and there wil be a few weeks before I go to work full-time. We've talked about heading to the Oregon coast, which sounds very restful, and before the busyness of a new school year, I can go for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment