17 July 2010

Eureka, We Found It!

This post should have been made a couple of weeks ago, but I've been busy and like all good things, it was worth the wait. For this particular item, it has been a long search, a long wait, with several misturns and disappointments. Well, the search is over because we finally found it. Or maybe it found me. I was wandering through a local vintage shop not too long ago, I wasn't really even planning on stopping in, but I had a couple of minutes and I thought it would be fun to check out what they had.When I saw it, I had to blink because I couldn't believe the price, it was an amazing deal, less than a third what we would have spent for a table that I only so-so liked. It was only slightly more than the one that I knew I'd be settling for - that one didn't even come with the chairs, they were extra. I have finally found the dining room table and eight, yes eight chairs that go with it. I don't love the fabric the chairs are upholstered in, but it is not hideous and at least they are newly upholstered, so it will do for now. When I find the fabric I want to reupholster the chairs in, I will know it. This table and chairs are lovely and fit beautifully in the room. It is well built and solid, so one day when we follow through with our idea of topping it with a slab of marble or granite, it will be able to hold the weight! The husband had to like it too, of course. That meant telling him about it when we came home and then heading back with him later. The cool thing about him is that he doesn't mind doing a bit of haggling, so he was able to get the table and chairs as well as another piece of furniture I liked (that's another story) for the price that had been on the table and chairs (it always makes me nervous when he starts negotiating, but I have to say that he's really good at things like that). Having the table in the room made us want to hang the framed pictures that we've had sitting and waiting since last Christmas. Now maybe someday we'll get around to finishing that ceiling lid!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! And it's good to have a haggler in the household. I'm like you: I always wish there was a way to get the good price without the drama. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails