
May has flown by much quicker than I can get my mind around...sometimes it seems like time is moving much too quickly. Though I'm a bit overwhelmed to be so close to June, I am excited to have summer right around the corner. In this corner of the Pacific Northwest everyone always says that summer actually starts on July 5th. This year I'm especially excited about the fresh berries I'm going to be picking in my garden. The blueberry plant above is new this year, but it's already looking like it is going to be one of my favorites, it is chalk full of berries that are getting more purplish blue in color everyday.

Also, my strawberry beds are looking gorgeous. I have to admit that it was super annoying to have my chickens invade the strawberry bed at the end of the season last fall, they picked over it with their maurrading little beaks. I remember thinking that they were probably ruining the plants. Since then they've been moved and no longer have access to my strawberry plants or any of the raised beds in my garden for that matter. But, I think the um, fertilizing that they did while they were invading last fall was actually a good thing. I can't believe how healthy, huge and green those plants look! The berries we have are June bearing and ever-bearing varieties, so there should be lots of strawberries to enjoy!
Well, that's it for now, I hope your weekend has been sweet and restful so far!
No comments:
Post a Comment