29 May 2010
Golden Chain, My Mother's Day Tree
Yesterday was another rainy, soggy day, so I mostly stayed inside and did online work. But, I did spend a bit of time outside. The husband and I went to a local nursery (from where I'd received a gift certificate for Mother's Day), to pick out a Golden Chain tree. (By the way, I love it that Bam snuck into the corner of the picture below!)
I've been wanting one of these lovely trees for the past few years, especially during this time of year when I see them blooming all around my area. It took me a bit to figure out the name of this lovely tree, that's one of the reasons why I initially received a gift certificate instead of the tree itself. Sending the husband and s-son to a nursery in search of "that yellow blossomed tree I love", isn't too effective. There's a gal that works at this particular nursery, Mary. Mary is a wealth of information about gardening. I've asked her many questions over the years and she's always offered accurate and wise advice. Many of my plants have her to thank for their survival.
Well, she let me know that my Golden Chain had recently been a bare root tree, so the best route to avoid putting my lovely new tree through transplant shock, would be for us to burry the tree in the ground in it's pot and then dig it up again in the fall and put it in the ground without the pot once it had had the chance to develop a stronger root system. That's exactly what I did/am going to do.
Though you can't see it from the angle of these pictures, the tree is lined up so I can enjoy it from my kitchen window, the window in our breakfast nook, and even from the deck outside our master bedroom. It adds gorgeous color to our yard, I love it already!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment