Spring is officially here - the calendar says so and there are signs of it outside! My first tulip has just bloomed through...a sweet yellow one to match all of the many daffodils that are already decorating our house and yard.
There will be many more soon!
I recently finished another bag, not for Rio this time though...this one will be "for sale" - I've decided to call it my "Cherry Blossom" bag because it reminds me of the cherry blossoms that we saw last year on our Spring Break trip to DC. The National Mall area around the Jefferson, Roosevelt and Lincoln Memorials was so gorgeous with all of those hundreds of cherry trees in blossom, I have a little bit of that gorgeous pink with this bag. The patchwork strip across the front is a large pocket.
Just like my "Rio" bag, the "Cherry Blossom" bag has a patchwork pocket with a "deetles bird" stamp on it.
Because the body of the bag is a light pink I decided to put a patch on the bottom to help hide any kind of "blemishes" that it could attract with use...it seems like that's the first place to show wear and stains on the purses I've used.
I am very excited to see all of our trees bloom out soon...this is the crabapple in front of our house...we bought it last year when it was in bloom, I fell in love with it's beautiful color and can't wait to see it again soon!
And lastly, a few gratuitous pet pictures because they too are happy that Spring is here! That's Figaro hanging out by the crabapple tree.
Because the body of the bag is a light pink I decided to put a patch on the bottom to help hide any kind of "blemishes" that it could attract with use...it seems like that's the first place to show wear and stains on the purses I've used.
I am very excited to see all of our trees bloom out soon...this is the crabapple in front of our house...we bought it last year when it was in bloom, I fell in love with it's beautiful color and can't wait to see it again soon!
And lastly, a few gratuitous pet pictures because they too are happy that Spring is here! That's Figaro hanging out by the crabapple tree.
Thinking about helping out with some yard work...
And then Bambino with his favorite variety of "toy"...why we ever spent money on dog toys manufactured in sweatshops overseas I don't know, he is just as happy (or possibly happier) with a stick found in the yard.




What a beautiful, happy post! Thank you so much for your comment tonight. I'm so happy to be able to know you and come for a midnight visit!
ReplyDelete