26 March 2009

Adeus!

One more day of work to go before my Spring Break!! Tomorrow afternoon the husband's parents will drive us down to Seattle. We're staying there to make our early flight out less painful. I can't explain well enough how excited I am about going to Brazil...it is a place I've heard of since I was very little and a missionary family that worked in Brazil was visiting our church. My family had them over for dinner. They had kids my age and I remember asking them lots of questions about where they lived. I also remember asking them to say different things to me in Portugese - I have always been interested in other languages...So in honor of Brazil (or Brasil) I took a picture of a stack of coffee sacks that the husband recently brought home from a local coffee roaster that gives them away for free. They are not all from Brazil, I have some from Papau New Guinea, Ethiopia, and Guatemala to name a few places, but the 'Brasil' sacks are in my top favorites...this is part of my stash, I have 19 sacks total. I will be 'upcycling' them into new and useful items when I get the chance.Also in honor of my trip to Brazil, I made a new sunglasses case. I go through sunglasses at an alarming rate - usually 2-4 pairs a year. Mostly this is because I don't take good care of them so they end up scratched or with their lenses popped out. I recently bought yet another pair. Don't worry, I never buy expensive sunglasses, I go for the $10 pairs from the Brass Plum at Nordstrom. I bought them the same day I picked up a new swim suit for the trip. I am going to do my best to make these ones last, this cute little bags is meant to help with that.Okay next on my show and tell list is this skirt made with an Amy Butler fabric. I started it yesterday...it's not quite done, I still need to do some hemming and work on the waist band, but it is close. It is actually going to be a late night tonight because of this skirt (and a few other last second things that had to happen - like finishing writing the test I'm giving tomorrow to my classes!)

So for now I will say Adeus! I won't be posting for the next week or so - in stead I will be soaking up the sun and culture of Brazil and it's people! When I get back it will be April and time to get very serious about my vegetable garden! Until then! -db

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails