13 March 2009

The end of a long week...

It has been a rough week. In several ways I just feel beat down and exhausted. My dear friend Amber was just diagnosed with breast cancer. She is in an amazing frame of mind about this new challenge...when I spoke with her I felt like she was the strong one...I was (am) just too shocked at her diagnosis. She's 31 years old and has four children, three beautiful boys and a daugher she adopted from Guatemala. She's been my friend since we were 15 years old. Our friendship has seen many seasons...none have looked like this one. I find myself wanting to pray for her with a desire that I haven't had to pray for anything in a very long time. Life doesn't always make sense to me, but I suppose right now prayer does make sense.

The news from Amber has helped to put into perspective some challenges I've faced at work in the last couple of days. I don't want to get into it except to say that I feel wronged and angry. I'm not completely in the clear, but there is a lack of balance to what is going on. My frustration will definately give me the push to bring that balance back. I guess that I can also say that I have found out that the husband is even more supportive than I knew. He has been strong and positive as we've talked about the situation. His response has made me feel closer to him...I think that as a couple our priorities are right where they need to be.

I'm tired right now...I'm glad it's Friday afternoon...I haven't been able to sew or be creative in other ways at all for the past few days. I want to lose myself in a fun project for the next day or two...let go of the politics at work...let my mind relax...meditate on peaceful things...give my worries about the health of my dear friend to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails