I went up to Bellingham with the husband for a burger at Fiamma - their burgers are all natural, made with local ingredients, and yummy! But before we went there we stopped at my favorite place to buy fabric. I was soooo excited to find out that they are clearing out their home decor weight fabrics - the gorgeous stuff that normally goes for $17.50 a yard was being sold for $7 a yard!!! I had walked into the store with a $10 limit, but that changed quickly when I found out about the sale. They were going to close soon, so in about 7 minutes I picked out four of my favorites! It was a good night! There were other good things about tonight, we made a stop at Trader Joe's after dinner to pick up some groceries (a treat because there isn't a Trader Joe's super close by), and when we made a stop at the farm supply store for chicken feed we found that they were clearing out vegetable starts, 4 for $1, so I picked out 4 pepper plants that are different from those I've already planted. I have room in the raised beds since I picked some more cabbage today. It will be fun to have peppers to spice up our food.Earlier today I spent several hours completing the washing, cutting and freezing/storing of our carrots - after everything was said and done, there were 12 pounds of edible carrots. Including the carrot greens and inedible pieces, it was much more. All of the excess ended up in the compost pile and the chickens have been picking away at it, they are growing bigger and bigger by the day. Posts about the chickens and the carrots are to come in the next few days...Here is a little peak at what I've been doing in my sewing room lately, getting ready for this weekend's farmers market.
...AND another fun bit of news is that I'm going to have a vendor booth at the Stanwood-Camano Fair at the end of this month. I've been feeling a lot of self-induced pressure to get ready for that, it lasts 3 days, so I will need to have lots of items made and ready to sell. The next few weeks will be busy but good. I may not get around to posting a lot, but I'll do my best to squeeze it in with everything.
...AND another fun bit of news is that I'm going to have a vendor booth at the Stanwood-Camano Fair at the end of this month. I've been feeling a lot of self-induced pressure to get ready for that, it lasts 3 days, so I will need to have lots of items made and ready to sell. The next few weeks will be busy but good. I may not get around to posting a lot, but I'll do my best to squeeze it in with everything.




Hi, Dara. I met you at the farmers market in Arlington a couple of weeks ago and bought your pillow with the bird and tree. We talked about banners. I love this little owl on the tree branch you've created! How much would you charge to make a banner? I am thinking of two, right now: a happy bday banner and a small banner that has my new baby's name on it. "Revellie Eden". My email is shutterbugphoto@hotmail.com.
ReplyDeleteHope to hear from you soon!
Julie
Julie, I remember meeting you...I'll get back to you on email. BTW, I decided to go to the Stanwood farmers market for the rest of the season, it gets a little more traffic because of its location. I'll also be at the Stanwood-Camano fair for all 3 days in the Arts/Crafts Vendor area.
ReplyDelete