
Today we have a family reunion taking place at our house for some of my husband's extended family. This will be my first time meeting many of the folks coming, though I have met a few over the past several years at different events and holidays. When they have had reunions before, they took place in Oregon with a different family member hosting. In years past they had a multi-generational baseball game. We decided to do things a little differently, the husband's idea was to make a 9-hole golf course over our field. We've collected old golf clubs and balls from nearby junk stores. For each hole we bought metal construction stakes and I sewed hole flags from felt.

It was pretty easy, just two layers of felt sewn around some heavy interfacing. Each flag has a number sewn on. Originally I thought I'd do all of the flags in white with black numbers. But, I love color!

I think they turned out quite nice!

The husband and stepson weren't home when I finished the flags, but they'd already set out the stakes...so I decided to suprise them by having the flags on when they returned.

Figaro decided to join me at the 3rd hole, he likes going for walks around the field with us. Bambino was out with me too, it didn't take long before the two of them were chasing around the field...the shot makes me laugh, that's pretty much an everyday sight around here. At least these days it's all in good fun for both of them, that wasn't always the case...
that's a fabulous idea! hope the reunion goes well.
ReplyDeletethanks for stopping by and sharing a few book suggestions :)