This is my 100th post...a landmark I reached much sooner than I would have predicted. Blogging has given me both a sense of accomplishment and anticipation. I look forward to documenting what I've done, made, grown...another benefit has been blogging giving me a way to show friends and family what I do "out there in the country". Blogging and reading other people's blogs has been inspiring...the connection I feel to other people who sew and garden keeps my ambitions feeling fresh.I have loved getting back to writing, it's been years since I've journalled regularly. It is a little intimidating at times picturing other people reading what I write, so I've tried not to think about it much. Honestly, if someone besides me gets some benefit out of this blog, that's a bonus. For this post I want to say thank you to everyone who has been so encouraging with a little give-a-way...
I've been making aprons lately...I think they're turning out pretty darn cute. So if you'd like the chance to have one, leave a comment on this post sometime before Wednesday morning...tell me something about yourself. I'll use a random number generator to pick the recipient of the apron and post the name of that person.
Thanks for reading!




I'm a crafty mom of two and I've also found that keeping a bloggy journal of my adventures is a nice outlet. I love to check in with your blog and see what lovely things are happening in your garden. It makes me want to go out in the yard and work on my own!
ReplyDeleteI have recently finished school and am getting back to my crafty roots. Reading your blog regularly is a fun source of encouragement. I never thought I'd get into "blogging" but have just started a blog of my own to document progress. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I have just bought 10 acres of pasture & woods & river. We lived in the city just two years ago, but now we've got chickens and I work on a farm. I am also dreaming of an orchard, and should have mine planted next spring!
ReplyDeleteHi Dara! I'm supposed to tell you a little about myself, but I think you already know a lot about me! And I'm learning more about you through reading your great blog. I like to think I had a hand in your becoming a chicken farmer!!
ReplyDeleteHang in there with all this heat! My corn and tomatoes in the garden are loving it, but I'm sure not!