

From time to time the husband refers to Bambino as our "junk food dog", well he's not completely right about that. Lately Bam has been enjoying snacking on broccoli. It started one evening about a week ago when I was munching on some raw broccoli while watching tv. I noticed that Bam kept watching it go from my hand to my mouth. So I offered him a piece and he ate it like it was candy. So I gave him some more and the same thing happened. Now when he's outside in the garden with me I give him little bits to snack on. I've experimented with giving him carrots (he only sort of likes them) and snow peas (only mild interest)...but the broccoli is the winner, he'll eat it every time. Interestingly though, he won't eat the leaves on the broccoli, everything else is yummy to him except those leaves. So now I pick them off before giving him a floret, that way I don't have to go back later and pick slobbery leaves up off the floor.




No comments:
Post a Comment