Stuff at work is still on the down slide - I'm playing the waiting game to find out if I'm going to be RIFed (basically pink slipped) from my teaching job. In many ways this is a very insecure and stressful time. It's the not knowing that makes it the worst...being unsure if I should begin to look for other employment. Legally I have to be informed by May 15th, but I've been told it will be sooner. Staying positive is a bit rough, but I'm definately thinking more strategically. The purse in the picture below is one I made about a month ago...what could I sell this for? Pretty soon I need to get my act together for this summer - I want to sell my handmade goods at a farmer's market. The next few weeks will be busy! 
I stopped at the liquor market on my way home from work today to pick up a bottle of coconut rum...I was in the mood for a happy hour. BUT...the husband had been working all day on a coop for the chicks. He had also been thinking of how to fill our afternoon - he wanted to pick up a few supplies for the coop and stop at our favorite burrito shop for dinner. So because I am so greatful for my darling putting together a home for my chickies, we put my plans on hold for tomorrow and headed out for coop supplies and burritos.
The chicks are doing well, growing like crazy. The other two pets are still trying to figure out what to think of the chicks. They are still set up in Bambino's kennel. Figaro has been trying to figure out how to get to the chicks...don't worry, they are secure, Fig isn't going to be able to get to them. It's hard to be mad at Figaro for just doing what is instinct for him. We're glad that he keeps mice out of our house and it's the same instinct.
This picture cracks me up...he is so determined!
Hope all is well in your neck of the woods on this Tuesday in April! If you are feeling the "downturn" that so many people are going through, you are not alone, I'm there too! I just keep telling myself: This too shall pass!
BTW, Happy Earth Day!




Sangria - got a good recipie?
ReplyDeleteI would totally buy that purse! $20 - $25? Depends on what the inside looks like... Love the blog too!
Thanks Sara!
ReplyDelete