Yesterday was my birthday. I didn't see it coming, but turning 32 had the effect on me that I thought that 30 would (but didn't). It wasn't like the whole day was shot, but I did have a few moments where it kind of hit me how quickly time is passing. I'm positive it sounds cliche', but every year seems to go by more quickly than the last. I guess that made me feel a little melancholy.

But like I said, it's not like the whole day was shot. I still celebrated (quietly). I had a lovely conversation with my mom, neither one of us is much of a phone-talker, so being on the phone for a couple of hours felt luxurious. It made me miss her, but in a good way, not a sad way.

I also treated myself to a much needed pedicure and on a whim I decided to have the gal wax my eyebrows (first time for that!). In the late afternoon the husband and I took Bambino for a walk on the beach. We don't go there enough, one of my resolutions for 32 will be to spend more time there, it's beautiful. Even though it's been a very rainy end to spring here, the sun was nice enough to stay out for most of the day, it actually felt like summer. Growing up in California, I loved having a "summer birthday", pool parties are the best! My first year in WA, I realized that I no longer had the guarantee of gorgeous weather on my special day. The sunshine was not taken for granted!

The day finished much better than it started, mostly because my attitude relaxed a bit. The reality is that 32 still sounds very
old to me, but I would never want to go back to 22, or even 28. I have a great life, I am where I should be and there are many good things ahead, I just needed a day to adjust to my new age.

Later in the week there will be more birthday celebrating, this time with more family around, but the day itself was special, I liked spending it quietly with the husband. Speaking of whom, for my birthday, one of the gifts he gave me was a gorgeous wisteria vine, found at my new favorite local nursery. We are going to plant it in a container that he is making out of cedar. It's home will be on our back patio where I am going to train it to climb up the supports for our upper deck.
I'll be back throughout the week to share a bit of what has been keeping things busy around here, I know I've been quiet in this space, but real life has been anything but quiet!
See ya soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment